News Details

F1 approves qualifying change

Formula One's governing body formally approved on Monday a decision to ditch its new qualifying format and revert to last year's version from this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai. The International Automobile Federation (FIA) said in a statement that its World Motor Sport Council had voted in favour of the change which will apply for the remainder of the championship. "The format, where the slowest six cars are eliminated at the end of the first two qualifying sessions before a final 10-car shootout for Pole in Q3, will return for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix," it said. Formula One teams and fans had declared the live elimination format used in the first two races...
Full Story »
9y ago from SuperSport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

FIA confirm qualifying to revert to 2015 format

In a short press release the FIA have confirmed that in full agreement...
9y ago from JWGrandPrix.com

F1 set to revert to 2015 qualifying format

 XPB Images The Chinese Grand Prix is set to see F1 revert to...
9y ago from F1i.com

Finally FIA confirms return to F1 2015 qualifying...

Formula One is set to revert to the 2015 qualifying format from the...
9y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Qualy returns to 2015 format

F1 authorities have agreed to revert back to the 2015 qualifying format...
9y ago from SkySports.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Paddock optimism for IndyCar’s new independent...

Drivers in the NTT IndyCar Series are largely happy to see the series’...

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

70m-plus-player bid prepared which threatens to derail...

Arsenal could reportedly be facing a very real threat to their hopes of...
6h ago from CaughtOffside.com

'It's more important for Arsenal' | Soccer Saturday...

Tim Sherwood and Clinton Morrison look ahead to the North London derby and...
6h ago from SkySports.com

Premier League club exploring deal to sign 19-year-old...

Nottingham Forest are reportedly eyeing Arsenal's young goalkeeper Tommy...
9h ago from CaughtOffside.com

23-year-old reveals he would 'love' to play for 'great...

Bayer Leverkusen attacking midfielder Malik Tillman has revealed that he'd...
11h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.