News Details

Cockpit safety device may be delayed until 2018

The introduction of cockpit-mounted head protection for Formula 1 cars may need to wait until 2018, according to a report in Auto Motor und Sport. That is despite the fact F1 race director Charlie Whiting said in Sochi last weekend that a July 1 deadline had been set for the introduction of either the ‘halo' or ‘aeroscreen' devices for next season. 'It would be unreasonable if we didn't have a clear path by that time,' he said. The two concepts have been extensively tested and the F1 Commission will shortly be asked to make a decision between one or the other. But Auto Motor und Sport reports that it is in fact now too late for the F1 Commission to impose the rule change for...
Full Story »
9y ago from GrandPrix247.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

July deadline for F1 cockpit protection decision

Daniel Ricciardo tested the ‘aeroscreen' during practice at the...
9y ago from SpeedCafe.com

F1 sets deadline for Aeroscreen decision ahead of...

Red Bull is set to run its Aeroscreen for further tests at the Spanish and...
9y ago from Motorsport.com

July deadline for cockpit device

Formula One will decide by July which head protection device it favours...
9y ago from SuperSport.com

FIA determined amid cockpit protection opposition

FIA determined amid cockpit protection opposition Formula 1 is pressing...
9y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Man United accelerate move for 'generational' talent,...

Manchester United are hoping to sign the Brazilian attacker Gabriel...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Liverpool join Arsenal in race for 23-year-old...

Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in signing the PSG attacker Bradley...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Eze plays long game but end-of-season form could give...

ymaker, out of favour under Mikel Arteta, has scored 18 of his 38 Premier...
1h ago from TheGuardian.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.