News Details

Formula 1 evaluating second version of Halo

Williams technical chief Pat Symonds has revealed that Formula 1 is now evaluating a different second version of the Halo cockpit protection system. Ahead of crunch meetings due to take place in Monaco that should map out F1's plans for the safety devices, it had been thought that the decision would be between the original Halo tested by Ferrari or the Aeroscreen that Red Bull is now developing. But speaking at the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday, Symonds said that an alternative had now appeared – with the issue due to be discussed between teams on the rest day in Monaco. “There is going to be a TRM [Technical Regulations Meeting] in Monaco on Friday and Charlie [Whiting, F1 race...
Full Story »
9y ago from Motorsport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Kvyat 'shocked' when told he was out of Red Bull

 XPB Images Speaking in the Thursday drivers' press conference...
9y ago from F1i.com

Red Bull preview the Spanish Grand Prix

The Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona marks a very important weekend for...
9y ago from F1Hub.net

Massa, Symonds disagree over Q1 exit fault

Felipe Massa says he was sent out 'too late' by Williams during the first...
9y ago from Crash.net

Horner: Verstappen is Red Bull's future

Dutch teenager Max Verstappen's long-term Formula One future is at Red...
9y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Paddock optimism for IndyCar’s new independent...

Drivers in the NTT IndyCar Series are largely happy to see the series’...
13h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

15 G/A in 14 games – The underrated star who...

Arsenal have stuttered recently as they no longer necessarily look like...
8h ago from CaughtOffside.com

70m-plus-player bid prepared which threatens to derail...

Arsenal could reportedly be facing a very real threat to their hopes of...
17h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Premier League club exploring deal to sign 19-year-old...

Nottingham Forest are reportedly eyeing Arsenal's young goalkeeper Tommy...
20h ago from CaughtOffside.com

23-year-old reveals he would 'love' to play for 'great...

Bayer Leverkusen attacking midfielder Malik Tillman has revealed that he'd...
21h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.