News Details

Wolff: Ocon's Force India move shows 'talent wins over money'

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff says Esteban Ocon’s switch to Force India for the 2017 season shows talent can still win over money in Formula 1. Ocon joined the Mercedes junior programme last year and spent the first part of 2016 racing in the DTM series with the German manufacturer. He was then picked up to race in F1 for the Mercedes-powered Manor team mid-way through the season, after Rio Haryanto failed to meet his contractual funding obligations. Ocon has now moved to Force India alongside Sergio Perez, with Wolff saying the news is positive for F1 as it still shows teams are picking drivers for talent rather than funding. “Esteban has the most impressive track record...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Wolff: Ocon deal shows talent beats money

– Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says Force India's recruitment of...
9y ago from GPUpdate.net

Ocon set for Force India 2017 deal

Highly regarded Mercedes Formula One team junior driver Esteban Ocon is...
9y ago from F1Hub.net

Esteban Ocon joins Force India on multi-year deal

Mercedes junior Esteban Ocon will race for Force India in Formula 1 from...
9y ago from GrandPrixTimes.com

Manor says losing both drivers not a big worry

Manor racing director Dave Ryan insists he would not be too worried if the...
9y ago from Motorsport.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

'It's more important for Arsenal' | Soccer Saturday...

Tim Sherwood and Clinton Morrison look ahead to the North London derby and...
52m ago from SkySports.com

70m-plus-player bid prepared which threatens to derail...

Arsenal could reportedly be facing a very real threat to their hopes of...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Premier League club exploring deal to sign 19-year-old...

Nottingham Forest are reportedly eyeing Arsenal's young goalkeeper Tommy...
4h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Talks held: Arsenal step up efforts to beat Man Utd to...

Arsenal have reportedly held initial talks over a potential transfer move...
5h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.