News Details

Binotto: Pandemic led to change of stance on 'first choice' Vettel

Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto says a series of exceptional circumstances - including the COVID-19 pandemic - led to the team changing its stance on Sebastian Vettel for 2021. Vettel revealed on Thursday that the Scuderia's unilateral decision to rule him out of the team's plans for next year came as a total surprise to the four-time world champion. Indeed, earlier this year, Binotto had repeatedly said that the German driver was the Italian outfit's first choice for 2021. However, that viewpoint changed when the global coronavirus pandemic set in, triggering a series of decisions and circumstances that sealed Vettel's fate. Sebastian Vettel says Ferrari never offered a contract!...
Full Story »
5y ago from F1i.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Binotto: The pandemic changed our situation with Seb

  The uncertainty created by the COVID-19 pandemic changed Ferrari's...
5y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Binotto: COVID-19 pandemic changed Ferrari’s stance...

Ferrari Formula 1 team boss Mattia Binotto says the COVID-19 pandemic...
5y ago from Crash.net

Ecclestone rubs it in - defends personal stance on...

Bernie Eccletone moved to defend his controversial comments on racism in...
5y ago from F1i.com

Strong Mercedes stance can give confidence to others -...

Lewis Hamilton says the strong stance Mercedes is taking by adopting an...
5y ago from Racer.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Victoria Government rejects MotoGP requests to move...

The Victoria State Government has rejected a request from MotoGP to move...
20h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Dorna Sports unveils rebrand as part of MotoGP...

Dorna Sports has announced it will be officially known as MotoGP Sports...

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

David Malukas heads the timesheets in opening IndyCar...

The NTT IndyCar Series held the first of two open test days at Phoenix...
10h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

George Barber, founder of iconic IndyCar venue, passes...

Barber Motorsports Park has announced that founder of the iconic track...
15h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Arsenal concerned about future of 23-year-old due to...

Arsenal could face a significant defensive decision this summer as...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

'We want to try and be brave' - Wolves boss sends...

Wolverhampton Wanderers head coach Rob Edwards acknowledged the quality in...
2h ago from SportsKeeda.com

‘Different but the same’: how Arsenal are keeping...

tandem with Game Day Vision, the Premier League club are improving the...
2h ago from TheGuardian.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.